I know, I know, I should be promoting local florists (including myself!) and not local supermarkets. But sometimes you need to cut back on expenses or sometimes you haven’t got a florist nearby and you want to present a friend hosting a dinner party with a pretty bunch.
We don’t necessarily want our friends to know we dropped into our local Tesco Express and spent less than a fiver on them so here’s a cheeky hack to trick friends and family into thinking you picked them yourself or really splashed out.
You Will Need
A small posey or a couple of bunches of supermarket flowers
A rectangle of brown paper or tissue paper
String, raffia or ribbon
What to do:
- Cut your flowers out of the plastic
- Snip the ends at a 45 degree angle (see my conditioning flowers post for more info)
- Pick off any leaves or flowers that look a bit damaged
- Arrange the flowers in your hand into a small bunch
- Place the bunch at the top left hand corner of the paper and make sure you can see the corner of the paper behind it
- Pick up the top right hand corner and bottom left corner
- Pull the right corner over the left and make sure they make a clean line so you don’t see the corners of the paper
- At the bottom of the bunch, where the stems all meet, decisively bunch the paper with one hand.
- With the other hand, wrap the string around a few times and finish off with a pretty bow